Inside Halton has reached out to every Milton council and regional council candidate and asked them to fill out the questionnaire below.
This is how mayoral candidate Gord Krantz responded.
NAME: Gord Krantz
OCCUPATION: Mayor of Milton
POSITION YOU ARE RUNNING FOR: Mayor of Milton
PREVIOUS POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: 15 years as councillor, 42 years as mayor
WHY HAVE YOU DECIDED TO RUN AGAIN?
To continue to make Milton one of the best places in Ontario to live, work and play, and raise a family. To keep the region of Halton one of the safest communities in the country.
HOW WILL YOU EMBRACE AND CHAMPION DIVERSITY IN THIS ROLE?
Under my leadership, the town’s diverse community continues to grow and prosper. Under my leadership, we have passed a new 10-year culture plan, strengthened relations with our local Indigenous community while ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion are key considerations across every aspect of municipal business.
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE ISSUES?
1. Manage growth and the need for additional municipal services while balancing the fiscal impacts that places on Milton residents.
2. Maintain strong links to our local heritage and our small-town feel.
3. Protect our green space.
IF RE-ELECTED, WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO ACCOMPLISH IN YOUR FIRST 100 DAYS?
1. Ensure our 2023 budget deliberations consider the impact that inflation is having on families and businesses.
2. Lead the development of a new strategic plan which will consider how we grow in a fiscally sustainable way.
3. Drive progress on key initiatives, such as embedding post-secondary institutions into our community.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK/MOVIE?
Watching documentaries is something I embrace.